Brachenwood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brachenwood

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Oneshots

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anica
Anica

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:49 pm

I figured I might as well make a thread for all the random little contest entries and other things I end up writing that are totally oneshots. This means it's short and sweet and will never, ever be continued.

I've got a couple on hand at the moment, so I'll post them and then post the others as they end up on my deviantart at www.anica-starbell.deviantart.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.anica-starbell.deviantart.com
Anica
Anica

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Summer Love Contest Entry

Did this one for a dA club, the YAA or yaoi addicts anonymous, and their Summer Love contest. Fear not, I kept it pretty safe and weather nor not anything happens at the end of the story is up to the reader.

However, if you don't like this kind of stuff then you don't have to read, you've been warned now. Any comments to flame the contents of my work will be promptly deleted, okay? It takes less time and energy to just go away and read something else than to flame.

---

Sunlight came streaming in through the thick panes of glass on the window, shining into the small space that was little more than a jumbled mess of clothes and books. As the sun rose higher, the rays ventured further into the room, revealing a small bed and the boy who slept there. His long, forest green hair scattered everywhere around him on the pillow below his head, and he seemed to be snoring as the sun's rays came further and further into his room, finally edging up the bed and across his face. To this, the sleeping male turned over and tried to block them out, but shortly afterward the sound of his cell phone ringing forced him to turn over again, one hand feeling around on his night stand for the small device as it continued to play some random battle music from a game he was particular to.

"Meh....Hello?" He answered as he flipped the phone open, having finally found the accursed thing.

“Shao?” Another voice asked, seeming a little worried.

“Yea, what’s up?” The male, Shao, asked as he sat up, revealing that he was shirtless and showing off his somewhat muscular form, though he seemed thin to the point it might be somewhat dangerous.

“Do you have any idea what time it is?” The other voice asked, now sounding rather annoyed.

“Mmm....” Shao yawned as he looked at his clock, which now read eight am on the dot. “Oh hell, I’m so sorry Mirik! I must have slept through my alarm!” Now Shao was sounding worried, hoping that Mirik wouldn’t be too angry with him.

“Well, get going then! It takes you almost half an hour to get here, and I don’t want to wait anymore. I miss you.” Mirik sighed, but Shao just laughed, relieved he wasn’t getting chewed out for sleeping in an extra hour.

“Alright, alright, I’m coming. I’ll be there in forty-five, tops.” He laughed again, and he heard Mirik sigh once more.

“Okay. I love you.” Mirik whispered.

“Right, love you to. Be there soon.” Shao smiled as he hung up, throwing his feet over the side of the bed and standing to stretch, revealing that he also had large, bat-like wings that stretched almost ten feet, black on the outside and red on the inside.

Realizing that he didn’t have a lot of time, Shao started to scurry around to get ready. For one day every year, the town closest to him held a summer festival that started in the afternoon with lots of entertainment via a traveling circus that always came to town and some merchants selling foreign goods. At night there was fireworks on the beach, and they were always so beautiful, Shao never missed them, and this year was going to be no different.

“Okay, let’s see....” Shao finally was ready to go, and he checked himself over once in the full-length mirror that hung off the back of his bedroom door. His long, unruly hair had been tamed somewhat with a brush and tied back into a high ponytail, and he was wearing a green tanktop with a low back that allowed room for his wings freedom, along with a pair of cargo shorts and green flip flops. A belt hung around his waist, going easily through one belt loop on his right side and then angling down so it hung lightly on his other hip, the whole thing seeming to be made of small gold coins and gold thread. Lastly, Shao grabbed his sunglasses from his night stand and headed out, eager to get to town and see Mirik.
He and Mirik had been lovers for years, but because Shao was of one of the many demon races that existed in the world and Mirik was human, it was hard for them to see one another. It wasn’t that Shao knew anyone who would mind, it was Mirik’s family that forbid him to see his lover. But on the day of the summer festival, Mirik always slipped away and spent time with Shao, and it usually ended up with the two of them back at Shao’s house for a night of love before Mirik went home the next morning.

With everything set, Shao smiled as he walked outside and spread his wings, taking to the sky easily. It was more than two hours to town if he chose to walk, but flying was so much faster and a lot more fun. The day was perfect and cloudless, so Shao amused himself by skimming close to the ground and the tops of the trees, turning flips and doing random tricks every so often so he wouldn’t grow bored with the flying. Soon enough the town came into view, and Shao could hear the music of the bands playing and the sounds of general festival fun going on, even though it was only quarter to nine in the morning now. But that didn’t matter to him as he touched down outside the gates and walked in along with everyone else, heading straight for the center of town and then ducking off into a back alley.

What few people knew about the town was that while many back allies ended in dead end walls, a few harbored hidden surprises. The alley that Shao had gone down seemed just like any other, but the wall was only an illusion, and anyone who didn’t know better would have said that the demon boy walked right through a wall. Just on the other side was a beautiful garden, surrounded by the tall buildings of the town and kept hidden from most of the world. As the stone of the alley gave way to the grass of the garden, Shao smiled and knew what awaited him. Sure enough, sitting below the large cherry tree in the middle of the garden was Mirik, his knees pulled to his chest as he looked at the sky through the scattered branches, waiting for Shao to arrive. As usual his snowy white hair was slicked back, and his icy blue eyes seemed distant, almost cold. But Shao knew better than to be fooled by those eyes, because underneath them was the soul of a young human boy who knew much more than his years let on. And, as was to be expected, Mirik was dressed properly for the festival, a long sky blue yukata hanging off his thin frame, a black ribbon around his waist and the bottom of the dress-like garment decorated with little bursts of colored fabric that were supposed to represent fireworks.

“Hey love.” Shao made his presence known with these words, and almost instantly Mirik was on his feet, smiling as he ran at Shao and snuggling close to his love as he was embraced in his arms.

“I’ve missed you.” He whispered, hugging Shao close and burying his face in his love’s chest.

“I know, I missed you too.” Shao whispered back, hugging Mirik close and then bringing one hand up to run it gently through Mirik’s short white hair, glad to see his love again.

The next thing he knew, Shao found himself trapped in a kiss, Mirik's lips right next to his own. Closing his eyes, the demon accepted the kiss with an inward smile, wrapping his arms around his love's waist to pull him closer. In that moment, everything was gone save for the two of them standing among the tall grass and blooming flowers of the hidden garden. The sounds of the festival going on outside of the four walls that encased them faded, and to him the only sounds were the beating of two hearts in unison, his and Mirik's. When the kiss broke, Shao smiled down at his lover and put a hand under his chin, thumb pressed right to his lips.

"I love you, so much. I wish your family would see that." He sighed, knowing that after today he might not get to see Mirik for another couple of months.

"I know, I wish they'd see it too. You would never hurt me, and it's not as if we can have children. But that doesn't matter, I still love you Shao." Mirik put his head on Shao's chest, closing his eyes and just enjoying the feeling of being so close to the one he loved.

“I know, I know. But for now, let’s just enjoy ourselves, okay? There’s a festival going on, and I don’t want to miss it.” Shao smiled and took a step back, though he kept one hand on Mirik’s wrist so they were still connected.

“You’re right, let’s get going.” Mirik smiled as well, the mood around the pair seeming to lighten as he was led out of the garden, back through the illusionary stone wall and out into the streets.

There were so many people that no one noticed them slipping back into the crowd, and the two of them spent the day at the festival doing what they could, enjoying the dancers and the vendors, eating together and always with one another. Night fell quickly, and it wasn’t long before Shao found himself sitting on the sands of the beach with Mirik in his lap. The sun was setting on the horizon and everyone was waiting eagerly for the fireworks to begin. As the last of the same rays that had woken him that morning faded, the first firework flew into the air silently, exploding in a brilliant shower of blue and red sparks that caught everyone off guard but had them all cheering afterward. Demons and humans alike were now together, and a few of the merhumans had even beached themselves to watch the colorful display, their flipper tails splashing gently in the shallow water as they clapped.

It lasted for hours, one right after another with many colors and shapes and sizes. All kinds of fireworks, representing the hard work that had been put into making them. And as the last of the colored sparks died out, Shao was hugging Mirik close and letting the younger lean on him. So the festival had come to an end, and everyone was now starting to go home. Mirik got off of Shao and let him stand, the demon stretching his wings gratefully before he hugged Mirik yet again, just glad to be with him.

“Hey, can I come home with you tonight? I told my parents I was staying with friends for the festival.” Mirik laughed a little, but Shao only kissed him in return, giving his answer when they parted.

“Of course you may. Come on, let’s get going.” He picked his young love up bridal style and spread his wings again, starting off towards home.

By the time they arrived at Shao's home, it was the dead of night and the forest in which he lived alone had an eerie sort of silence. All of the decent creatures would have been asleep, but Mirik and Shao had other plans, and by the light of the full moon that had appeared that night they both laid in Shao’s bed. Morning would find them curled up next to one another under the sheets, smiling as the suns rays yet again invaded the small room, heralding another day of the beautiful summer that they would not be able to spend together.
Back to top Go down
Anica
Anica

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:05 pm

8.13 Tribute

For those of you who don't know the significance of this day, you're either not a yaoi fan or you don't play Kingdom Hearts. Within Organization XIII the most popular yaoi pairing is Axel and Roxas, their numbers being 8 and 13, respectively.

As a tribute to this special day, I wrote this. Just something cute I came up with in a few minutes, so don't worry about it.

Again, no flaming. Flamers will be beaten with a yaoi paddle, so don't do it, m'kay?

---

Roxas awoke that morning and walked groggily into the kitchen, not totally awake and having no need to be. He hadn’t been sent on any missions lately, and since Zexion was the only one who got up as early as he did the small blonde had no worries about walking into the kitchen in little more than his pajama bottoms. Today was going to be just like any other, a boring day around the castle, he was sure of it. That was, until a voice behind him made him sigh.

“Hey Roxas.” The blonde turned around, looking up into the face of the red headed Axel, the taller man leaning over him with a smile.

“What do you want?” Roxas asked, pushing away from Axel with more force than one would have thought he could, walking over to the kitchen table and sitting down.

“Oh, come on don’t be like that. You know what today is, don’t you?” The tone in Axel’s voice as he followed the small blonde made him freeze, then smack his head and sigh.

“It’s eight thirteen, isn’t it?” He asked, tilting back in his chair and looking at Axel.

“Got that right short stuff. It’s our day.” Axel smiled, but Roxas kept the same old facial expression.

“Great. That means crazy fangirls doing crazy things. I hate this day.” Roxas shook his head, then shot a glare at Axel as he laughed. “What’s so funny?” He asked in a demanding tone.

“Nothing, it’s just that you always get so worked up over stuff like this. Come on, let’s go back to my room.” The red head put an arm around Roxas’ shoulder, his emerald eyes sparkling.

Roxas looked back at Axel, his own bright blue eyes seeming a little less enthusiastic than the red head, but still he eventually smiled and stood up, sighing.

“You won’t take no as answer anyway, I know it.” He replied, leaning on Axel with a smile.

“You’re right, I would have just kept on bugging you. Let’s go.” Axel leaned down and kissed Roxas gently, smiling as they parted and taking the boy’s hand in his own and leading him off, knowing that this was going to be a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down
Bernadette
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Please remember to edit your title if any of the stories end up containing mature content, because I know some of them do > .>
Back to top Go down
https://brachenwoodlanterns.forumotion.net
Anica
Anica

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Not my oneshots. Some of the super long ones do, but those will forever remain on my dA and never be posted here.
Back to top Go down
Bernadette
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Phew, I think the forum would overload if you put them here...we dont have as much space as I would like....
Back to top Go down
https://brachenwoodlanterns.forumotion.net
Anica
Anica

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:23 pm

I think it would too. Things like 'The Travelers', 'My King' and 'Old Times' are just way to long to go anywhere other than dA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Oneshots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Oneshots   Random Oneshots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Oneshots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brachenwood :: Media/Entertainment :: Pen & Ink-
Jump to: